Ever since Mark of the Ninja was released, we’ve had numerous requests for more. The trouble is, we very intentionally built Ninja to be a complete experience, both in terms of its mechanics and narrative.
But you all kept sending us messages. Then we considered what a “Criterion Collection” version of the game might be like. And with that in mind, we’ve been putting together Mark of the Ninja Special Edition. Here’s what you can look forward to in the Special Edition:
- A new level, set in a flashback to the early life of Dosan (the ninja’s tattoo artist) that will set the stage for the events that transpire in Mark of the Ninja.
- A new style of play, which includes a nonlethal takedown ability, and provides a hybrid of lethal and nonlethal approaches to the game.
- Two new items, one more geared to stealth and concealment and one a bit more direct. Both the items and the new play style will be available in the main game as well as the new level. (more details at a later date).
- Finally, we’ve added a ton of developer commentary to the main game. All the original levels will feature a number of commentary nodes that discuss various aspects of the game’s creation, anecdotes, at least two history lessons and other behind the scenes info from nearly everyone on the team.
- Developer commentary has been fully localized for English, French, Italian, German, Spanish, and Japanese. (Which our amazing community has helped us to translate)